Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
Artwork of Boggy from Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Hailfire Peaks (Icy Side)
Terrarium of Terror
In Banjo-Kazooie, Boggy is found in Freezeezy Peak. While he was fetching presents for his children, Boggy found a Jiggy and ate it, causing him to have a terrible stomachache and prevent him from moving. After being warned of this, Banjo and Kazooie then go and climb the snowman to find his sled. With it, Banjo and Kazooie slide down the snowman's scarf and land it the sled on Boggy, causing him to cough out the Jiggy and feel better.
He can then be encountered in another room near his Igloo with two sleds, waiting for someone to use the second one and race against him. Because of the size of Boggy's second sled, Banjo canot race against him unless he becomes a walrus. After winning the race against Boggy, he says that he "needs to race someone [his] own size" and award Banjo with a Jiggy. After that, it becomes possible for the duo themselves can participate in a race without the need of a transformation. However, in order to win, the Turbo Talon Trot needs to already be unlocked. After winning the race again, Boggy will give Banjo and Kazooie another Jiggy. When both races against him are won, Boggy will go back to his igloo to stay with his kids.
In Banjo-Tooie, it is shown that Boggy and his family moved to a larger igloo in the icy side of Hailfire Peaks. Due to his new home now having a a couch and television, he has spent much more time eating and watching TV and as a result has gotten much fatter, a fact his wife points out. When first encountered, Boggy asks for Banjo and Kazooie to bring him food so he can satiate his hunger. The duo needs to use the Shack Pack in order to enter a pool filled with boiling water and collect a Dindin, which can be given to Boggy for him to eat. After doing so, Boggy burps out a Jiggy, and he decides to give it to Banjo and Kazooie because it is not edible.
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
In Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Boggy reappears with various roles throughout the worlds. In Showdown Town, he runs a gym which Banjo can use to boost his speed, strength or stamina. He mentions that he wishes to expand his business to the internet due to the fact that it's "the popular thing to do." Boggy's appearance was slightly changed, as his scarf has stripes instead of boxes, and he wears a yellow shirt and a blue snow hat.
In Banjoland, Boggy acts as "The Unmotivated Janitor," hosting challenges in Acts 2 and 6. In the first one, he requests the duo to clean up the trash located around a giant garbage can in his place. In the second one, he asks the two to demolish his igloo (as requested by Mrs. Boggy) so he can rebuild it from scratch to make a new one.
In the Jiggosseum, Boggy takes the role of "The Sheepish Chubby Kid" and hosts challenges in Acts 2 and 6. In the first one, he challenges Banjo and Kazooie in a game where they both have to knock down a circle of dominos. Later, he challenges them again, but this time to a game where they need to shoot darts throughout the entire stadium.
In the Terrarium of Terror, Boggy portrays "The Alleged Extra-Terrestrial" who claims to have a family of aliens in the terrarium, hosting challenges in Acts 2 and 3. His first challenge requires the duo to shoot various different-colored targets in a vehicle replica of the Saucer of Peril. Later, he asks for Banjo and Kazooie to carry one of his alien relatives to where the other aliens are located. In Act 2, there is a challenge where a robotic doppelganger called B-066Y asks the two to lift a toxic ball from a room so that the air doesn't get too polluted.
- Banjo: Hello, Boggy.
- Boggy: Take a look at my new wide-screen TV. It's got loads of features.
- Kazooie: I'm sure it has.
- Boggy: It has, actually. 100㎐ scanning, Dullby 5.1 Surround Sound, 9,999 channels, fifteen scart sockets, three remote controls...
- Kazooie: Yawn...
- Boggy: Oh, sorry. But it's got no online shopping and I'm really hungry!
- Banjo: Sigh. What do you want?
- Boggy: A big, hot fish would be great!
- (coughs up a Jiggy)
- Boggy: W-what was that!?
- Banjo: Wow, the fish must've swallowed a Jiggy!
- Boggy: Well, if it's not edible, I don't want it.
- Banjo: Fair enough, Boggy. I'll add it to our collection.
- Boggy: Be my guest. I got stuff to watch...
- Lovely fish, that. Why not stay a while? I've just got the new Bear Babes DVD -- should be hot stuff...
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
- "Hello you two. Mrs. Boggy kicked me out to earn my keep, so I bought this old gym from Mr. Fit as an "investment." Find enough Notes and you can work out here to upgrade your abilities..."
- "With my speed upgrade, you'll be able to run faster than Mr. Fit! Um, maybe. You'll be able to run faster than me, how's that?"
- "Upgrade your strength to carry bigger objects, walk faster while carrying them, and basically have hone yourself to fighting fitness!"
- "Upgrading you stamina will increase your maximum energy level. Take more punishment! Be the endurance bear!"
- "You look faster already! Not sure how I can tell, but it's true!"
- "You look stronger already! Wait, exercising actually works?"
- "You look healthier already! You're positively blooming!"
- "Sorry, you're a bit short of funds. Join the club!"
- "See ya! Bye! Have a nice day! Right then, time for a power snap."
Boggy sits on a sled during the sled race in Banjo-Kazooie