Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
Freezeezy Peak is the fifth world Banjo and Kazooie visit in Banjo-Kazooie. The entrance is located on the sixth floor of Gruntilda's Lair through a snow white passage. Its picture is located in the Bubblegloop Swamp entrance area, through a passage behind the main hut. This passage is filled with piranha water, so make sure you equip the pair of Wading Boots found near the Gruntling to make it through unharmed. Alternatively, you can use the crocodile transformation to traverse the waters (or bounce through the water while taking the hits). The picture requires 8 Jiggies to complete.
Points of interest
- Stacked Presents
- Christmas Tree
- Wozza's Cave
- Ice Key Cave
- Entrance Area
- Boggy's Igloo
- Beat Boggy: After sliding Boggy's sled into his stomach, Banjo must transform into a Walrus and talk to Boggy in an area near the ramp leading to the Entrance Pad (and his igloo). Banjo has to race Boggy through all the slalom gates without missing any. At first, the gates are red, but they turn light green once Banjo slides through them. If Walrus Banjo wins, a Jiggy appears from the awards podium.
- Beat Boggy Again: After beating Boggy as a Walrus, he returns to the initial starting area asking for both Banjo and Kazooie to race instead. The rules of the race are the same, although Banjo and Kazooie must use Turbo Trainers in order to be fast enough to win. A Jiggy will pop out of the awards podium if you win. This marks the only instance where a world cannot be fully completed on the first visit because the Turbo Trainers are learned in the following world, Gobi's Valley.
- Help the Twinklies: Use the Beak Buster on the shaking Christmas box near the Christmas tree to start a challenge. The objective is for Banjo and Kazooie to assist 10 Twinklies in safely moving across the path and then entering the Christmas tree within 80 seconds. There are three Twinkly Munchers that appear from the holes along the path, and Banjo and Kazooie must defeat them to stop them from eating a Twinkly. Shortly after a Twinkly Muncher is defeated, it reappears from its hole. Banjo and Kazooie do not lose the challenge if any Twinklies are eaten, but only if they do not help out at least ten on time. Once this part is completed, a power switch appears on the back of the Christmas tree for the second part of the challenge. The Twinklies have scattered across the Christmass tree, but they do not have any power to light up. Kazooie has to fire three eggs at the "ON" switch found on the back of the tree. Lastly, a timer appears, and Banjo and Kazooie must fly through the star on top of the Christmas tree three times. Once this is done, a Jiggy that was enclosed in a case can be obtained within the Christmas tree. Banjo and Kazooie must climb to the top of the Christmas tree to enter it and obtain the Jiggy.
- Meet Wozza: Banjo must transform into a walrus and then talk to Wozza, who then gives him a Jiggy.
- Defeat Sir Slushes: Use the Beak Bomb attack on the hats of all the Sir Slushes in Freezeezy Peak. After defeating all 6 of them, the Jiggy will appear inside a Chinker at the very top of the giant snowman. You will need to fly to the top to get this Jiggy.
- The Snowman's Buttons: Beak Bomb all three buttons on the giant snowman and a Jiggy will pop out between the snowman's legs.
- Find the Presents: Find three different colored presents in Freezeezy Peak and gift them to Groggy, Soggy, and Moggy in the igloo. Banjo cannot do this challenge as a walrus. Once all three presents have been given, a Jiggy will appear on the table. The presents' locations are:
- Red: Inside the Christmas tree at the lowest level.
- Blue: On the giant snowman's nose.
- Green: On a small island behind the snowman.
- Save Boggy: Climb the giant snowman and find a sled on its scarf and jump on it. The sled will ride down and crash into Boggy's stomach, coughing out a Jiggy as a result.
- Inside the Pipe: A Jiggy is located inside the pipe of the giant snowman.
- Find all 5 Jinjos.
- Blue - On top of the Snowman's broom.
- Green - Behind the house that has a Flight Pad on its chimney.
- Orange - Inside Wozza's cave in a small alcove. (Where the Ice Key is)
- Purple - On top of the pile of presents near Bottles.
- Yellow - Inside Mumbo's Skull on the shelves.
- Under the Sir Slush on the island in the village area.
- Inside a room in Wozza's Cave accessible only by the Walrus.
- Underneath the Sir Slush near the Christmas tree. This witch switch will open up a chute in the entrance area of Freezeezy Peak in Gruntilda's Lair with a Jiggy inside. Like Jiggy #2, Turbo Trainers must be learned before this can be obtained. Shoot Blue Eggs into the spiderweb on the floor of the main room on the sixth floor. In another chute accessed from a Shock Jump Disc in the Freezeezy Peak entrance room, Beak Bust the Flying Pad Switch to temporarily activate a Flying Pad in the hole the spiderweb was covering up. Using the Turbo Trainers, quickly dash to the Flying Pad and fly to the chute with the Jiggy. (Although it isn't necessary, this method can also be used to obtain Mad Monster Mansion's Witch Switch Jiggy.)
- At the end of the Snowman's scarf slide.
- Two are under Sir Slushes after they are defeated.
- Inside Boggy's igloo, behind the table.
- Under the entrance to the Christmas Tree.
- Two, one at each foot of the Snowman.
- One in the large space of water near the path to the scarf.
- Behind the stack of presents near Bottles, in a corner.
- Collected after taking off from the Flying Pad on the chimney in the village.
- On top of Mumbo's House
- In the secret passage in Wozza's Cave, guarded by a Chinker.
- Behind some icicles at the finish line for the sledding.
- Ice Key - The Ice Key is located inside Wozza's Cave. In the Nintendo 64 version of the game, it is locked behind an ice wall but is just visible and only obtainable through the Treasure Trove Cove Sandcastle. Here, you can see the N64 ice key frozen behind a wall of ice.
Names in other languages
|French||Pic Polaire||Polar Peak|
|German||Freezeezy Peak||Freezeezy Peak|
|Italian||Freezeeazy Peak||Freezeezy Peak|
|Spanish||El Pico Congelado||Frozen Peak|
- The entrance to the level at Gruntilda's Lair seems to look like a retail-sold Advent calendar. This may be related to the Christmas Theme of this level or it could be related to the mysterious soundtrack "Advent" that was found within the game's files.
- A part, a refrigerator, in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is named "Freezeezy" after this level. It freezes the target for several seconds. The snowman is also featured in Banjoland, albeit a bit melted.
- Freezeezy Peak's theme is one of two themes available on the stereo vehicle part in Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts, the other being Click Clock Wood.
- An underwater variation of this song's theme exists; however, no underwater variation can be found in the game, as you can't go underwater without the walrus. When you do this the normal music plays. It is unknown if going underwater in the level was possible at one point. There is also an underwater theme for Wozza's Cave.
- The underwater theme for Wozza's Cave can be heard in normal gameplay. It can be heard in Grunty's Furnace Fun during a "What level is this music from?" question. However, it plays layered with the normal Freezeezy Peak theme because, due to a bug, one layer of track goes unmuted.
- This is the only level in Banjo-Kazooie that requires a move learned from a level above it in order to obtain a jiggy. In any other level, the player can obtain all ten of the jiggies in one play.
- The freezing water is unable to be avoided using the Wonderwing.
- Freezeezy Peak's lobby in Gruntilda's Lair is different in that an an enemy, Sir Slush, already appears in it even if Banjo and Kazooie have not yet accessed Freezeezy Peak.
- Freezeezy Peak is referenced in Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair. After completing the pipe puzzle in the desert area, a living pipe will exclaim "I hereby declare this spot 'Breezeezy Peak'."