Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
Artwork of Brentilda for Banjo-Kazooie.
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (mentioned)
- “Hello there, young ones! I'm Brentilda, Gruntilda's nicer sister. I've crept down here to help you defeat the old hag, it's about time she was taught a lesson!”
- —Brentilda, Banjo-Kazooie
Brentilda is a character in the Banjo-Kazooie series. She is Gruntilda's sister and is, rather than an evil witch, a kind fairy godmother.
In Banjo-Kazooie, Brentilda can be found in various points throughout Gruntilda's Lair and, when encountered, will tell the duo facts about her sister's life which are often regarded as "disgusting," such as the flavor of her tooth paste, what was her nickname in witch school, where she sleeps among other trivia about the witch. While they may seem useless, these facts are required to be known in order to answer specific questions in Grunty's Furnace Fun, near the end of the game. The pieces of information told by Brentilda will change in every save file, each having three possible variations picked at random. If Banjo and Kazooie's health bar is low when talking to her in a new area for the first time, she will refill it completely.
A portrait depicting Brentilda can be seen in Mad Monster Mansion, where Napper is located.
Brentilda can be found in ten different areas of Gruntilda's Lair:
- Near Treasure Trove Cove's Jiggy Pad
- Atop one of the pipes near the entrance of Clanker's Cavern
- Near Click Clock Wood's Jiggy Pad
- In the tunnel to the right near Bubblegloop Swamp's entrance
- Behind the giant Gruntilda statue near Bubblegloop Swamp
- Behind the entrance of Gobi's Valley
- On top of a statue of Gruntilda's head near Freezeezy Peak's entrance
- Near the Jiggy Pad of Gobi's Valley
- Behind a tombstone near Mad Monster Mansion's entrance
- Behind the trees near Click Clock Wood's entrance.
While not physically appearing in Banjo-Tooie, a picture of Brentilda can be found in the floor of Pawno's Emporium. This portrait is similar to the one found in Mad Monster Mansion in Banjo-Kazooie, but with a more rectangular frame. Additionally, Honey B reuses Brentilda's voice clips.
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
In Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Brentilda is mentioned in the Lord of Games' quiz in Spiral Mountain. She is an incorrect answer for a question that asks "who was Banjo's adversary in Banjo-Tooie," with the correct answer being "Gruntilda."
Brentilda has green skin and pointed ears, much like her sisters Gruntilda, Mingella, and Blobbelda. She dresses a pink oufit with sparkles, white sleeves and fairy wings. She has a white-blond hair and wears a golden diadem, thin-framed round glasses and holds a star-tipped wand.
Brentilda is described many times as being much nicer than her sister Gruntilda, being "her opposite in every way, and a far better person for it." She appears to be very kind towards people, referring to Banjo and Kazooie as "young ones" and "dears." She is not very polite when talking about her sister, however, calling her things such as "old hag," her "fat old sister" and "wartbags," among other names.
Profiles and statistics
- Manual profile: "The witch's sister is her opposite in every way, and a far better person for it. Unfortunately even Brentilda's fairy godmother powers aren't strong enough to let her confront Gruntilda directly, so she offers all the help she can to Banjo and Kazooie instead."
Names in other languages
- Brentilda is the only one of her sisters that speaks normally, as Gruntilda speaks in rhymes and Mingella and Blobbelda speak in anastrophe.
- ↑ Banjo-Kazooie instruction booklet, page 7