|Jiggywikki was recently forked from Banjo-Kazooie FANDOM, and is currently under heavy renovation. Take note that most of the articles, images, and categories are currently being reworked for the new wiki.|
|This article/section requires cleanup in order to qualify for Jiggywikki's standards. |
You can discuss this issue on the talk page or this page to improve it.
- “Hello there, young ones! I'm Brentilda, Gruntilda's nicer sister. I've crept down here to help you defeat the old hag, it's about time she was taught a lesson!”
- —Brentilda, Banjo-Kazooie
Brentilda is the sister of Gruntilda, although she is not evil. Thus, rather than a witch, Brentilda assumes the role of a benevolent fairy godmother. This causes much tension between her and her three sisters.
Brentilda helps Banjo and Kazooie by telling them interesting facts about her. While this may seem completely trivial and pointless at the time she tells them, they are actually very helpful (and borderline required) during certain questions of Grunty's Furnace Fun.
Like Gruntilda and her two other sisters, Mingella, and Blobbelda, Brentilda is green and has pointed ears. However, rather than dressing in black and blue like her sisters, Brentilda dresses as a kindly fairy, complete with a delicate pink outfit and fairy wings. In stark contrast with her sisters' drab black robes, Brentilda wears a frilly, lacey, layered pink gown. She has her whitish-blond hair up in a bun and wears a golden diadem. She holds a sharp star-tipped wand and appears to wear very thin-framed glasses.
In terms of her body type, she has a pudgy frame, being mildly thinner than Gruntilda but nowhere near as thin as Mingella.
Brentilda hides around various points around Gruntilda's Lair. Gruntilda is likely not aware of her presence, or is simply too lazy to deal with getting rid of her; thus she is free to run wild, working behind her back and pulling strings behind the scenes to get the duo to defeat her.
Every time the duo find her, she tells them three disgusting yet helpful facts about her sister Gruntilda, ranging from the name of her old boyfriend to her favorite color. Banjo and Kazooie use these facts for the "Grunty Square" questions on the Grunty's Furnace Fun board game. These facts are different for every save file, each having three variations (which are also picked at random at the time you'll hear them first), so the player must hear what Brentilda has to say in their own file for the facts to be of any use. Brentilda will also refill Banjo and Kazooie's health bar when they talk to her.
An interesting thing to note is a painting of Brentilda that is hung in the dining room of Mad Monster Mansion.
Brentilda is completely absent from Banjo-Tooie, nor is she even mentioned by the other Winkybunions. However, a portrait of Brentilda appears on the floor in Pawno's Emporium. This portrait is similar to the one previously seen in Mad Monster Mansion in the last game. The difference is that the one in Pawno's Emporium is rectangular, whereas the one in the Mansion was arched.
- Brentilda's wardrobe draws heavy inspiration from Glinda the Good Witch of the North from The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and its adaptions, while her sisters (specifically Gruntilda) appear to take their designs from the Wicked Witch of the West.
- Although being absent from Banjo-Tooie, she seems to have the same voice as Honey B.
- When Banjo and Kazooie first meet Brentilda, she mentions how her facts about Gruntilda would "save them from a fiery fate," foreshadowing Grunty's Furnace Fun.
- Though she is absent from Banjo-Tooie, a portrait of her can be found in the level Jolly Roger's Lagoon in Pawno's Emporium. It is turned on its side, leaning against the wall behind a B-K box.
- Brentilda is the only one of the Winkybunion sisters to speak normally (Gruntilda speaks in rhyme, while Mingella and Blobbelda speak in anastrophe just like Yoda from the Star Wars franchise).