Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
|World(s)||Click Clock Wood|
In Banjo-Kazooie, Gnawty has various roles throughout the different seasons of Click Clock Wood. In Spring, he is inside the river in front of a rock that is blocking the entrance to his home. Due to the water, Banjo and Kazooie cannot break the boulder. In Summer, the river is dry, allowing the duo to break the rock. However, the entrance to it is very steep, making actually accessing the place impossible. In Autumn, the two are able to finally enter his home, as they can use the water to swim up. Inside, the beaver will give them a Jiggy as a reward. In Winter, the bear and bird cam swim through the frozen water into his house which is now without a boulder blocking it. If the Jigsaw Piece was not collected in Autumn, it can be collected here. There is also an Extra Honeycomb only available in this season inside.
- "Somebody move this boulder, Gnawty can't get in his house!"
- "You look pretty strong, can you move this boulder?"
- "Wow, what strength! Come inside."
- "Oh, here you are at last! I've been waiting months to give you this!"
- "It's getting a bit chilly out here, I wish I was inside..."
- "Brrr....this water's freezing and I'm still stuck outside thanks to you!"
- "Wow, you must really want this if you swam in that freezing water!"
- "Cor...I don't usually get visitors in winter!"
Names in other languages
- In Donkey Kong Country, another game developed by Rare Ltd., there is an enemy that shares its name with Gnawty.
- Gnawty's name in the Japanese version of Banjo-Kazooie, ナーティ (Nāti), is written slightly differently from his Donkey Kong series counterparts', ノーティ (Nōti).
- Gnawty's voice is a sped up version of Croctus'.