Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
|World(s) Used||Grunty Industries|
|Attack||Firing Banjo's underwear|
|Special Abilities||Can wash Skivvy's overalls|
Washer Banjo is a transformation (and a bit of a running gag) that appears in two Banjo games.
- “Oops...spell went wrong. Mumbo's loincloth all dirty...you wash? Hur, hur, hur...”
- —Mumbo Jumbo
In Banjo-Kazooie, when attempting to transform at any Mumbo Skull, there is a small chance that Mumbo Jumbo will produce this instead of the correct transformation. He will then transform Banjo into the correct form.
However, it is possible to use Washer Banjo in gameplay by completing all of Bottles' Bonus Challenges. Banjo can then go to the Sandcastle and enter the cheat code "Wishy Washy Banjo", which Mumbo will object to.
For the most part, gameplay is unchanged as a washer, with the following exceptions:
- Banjo cannot wear the Wading Boots or Turbo Trainers, and thus cannot use the Stilt Stride or Turbo Talon Trot.
- However, Banjo can walk without harm on terrain that would normally require the Wading Boots, rendering them moot.
- He cannot collect items meant to be held temporarily, like Blubber's gold.
- Reduced attack range
In Banjo-Tooie, the Washer is the native transformation of Grunty Industries. As a washer, Banjo has one more honeycomb than he and Kazooie together would have normally (max energy bar is 11). He also moves on wheels, making him about as fast as Kazooie in a Talon Trot. However, he has the weakest jump in the game, and his attack involves coughing underwear, which has the strength of a Blue Egg but moves in an arc. Also, under Grunty Industries company policy, he is considered "mechanical personnel" and can't use Warp Pads; to get around this, a service elevator is set up.
The washer is used in two Jiggies. The primary one involves the Skivvies, whose clothes need to be washed. The washer is also needed to access Weldar (after Mumbo disables a nearby electromagnet), as the switch is so big that only the washer's weight can push it down.
- There is also a washing machine available as a prize at the end of Grunty's Furnace Fun.
- In Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, there are washing machines in Banjoland that look similar to Washer Banjo.
[Spells in the ]Banjo-Kazooie series
|Banjo-Kazooie||Termite Banjo • Crocodile Banjo • Walrus Banjo • Pumpkin Banjo • Bee Banjo • Washer Banjo|
|Banjo-Tooie||Transformations||Stony Banjo • Detonator Banjo • Van Banjo • Submarine Banjo • T-Rex Banjo • Washer Banjo • Snowball Banjo • Bee Banjo • Dragon Kazooie|
|Mumbo's spells||Summon • Levitate • Power • Oxygenate • Enlarge (Shrink) • Heal • EMP • Life Force • Rain Dance|
|Grunty's Revenge||Mouse Banjo • Candle Banjo • Octopus Banjo • Tank Banjo|
|Related||Glowbo (Mega-Glowbo) • Golden Goliath • Humba Wumba • Mumbo's Hut • Mumbo Jumbo • Mumbo Pad • Mumbo Totem • Wumba's Wigwam|