|Jiggywikki was recently forked from Banjo-Kazooie FANDOM, and is currently under heavy renovation. Take note that most of the articles, images, and categories are currently being reworked for the new wiki.|
|This article/section requires cleanup in order to qualify for Jiggywikki's standards. |
Reason: Wikia import
You can discuss this issue on the talk page or this page to improve it.
- “Thought you steal Ssslumber's gold while he slept did you? But I heard you coming, clumsy bear.”
- —Ssslumber, Banjo-Tooie
Ssslumber is an enormous, lethargic, green rattlesnake who appears in Banjo-Tooie. Ssslumber has a keen sense of hearing and is found in Mayahem Temple, specifically in the Jade Snake Grove, which is aptly named after him. He is constantly sleeping, and only awakens when he hears someone attempting to steal his Jiggy, which he vigilantly guards on top of the Code Room pyramid where he resides. He cleverly surrounds his Jiggy with a mat of loose twigs which will snap underfoot, alerting him to any would-be thieves. During his speech, Ssslumber repeats any "s" another two times, to make a hissing noise.
Only by climbing up onto a small twig-less portion of the ground and then tiptoeing by pushing very lightly as they walk across the branches can Banjo and Kazooie sneak up on Ssslumber and grab the Jiggy without waking him.
Alternatively, Ssslumber's Jiggy can also been gotten with a well-placed Clockwork Kazooie Egg. However, if it hits him, and this is the first time Banjo and Kazooie are attempting to take the Jiggy, the game will freeze after the cutscene finishes playing. Another way to go about it is by jumping towards Ssslumber with Talon Trot activated, then performing a Feathery Flap and extending the range with a Beak Buster.
- Ssslumber: Thought you'd steal Ssslumber's gold huh?
- Kazooie: Well, yes, to be honest.
- Ssslumber: Well too bad, I heard ssstupid bear coming!
- Ssslumber: It seems bear and bird have gone. Mussst get sssome more sssleep...
- Interestingly, after Banjo and Kazooie have collected his Jiggy, Ssslumber will not wake up again.
- Ssslumber's name is a pun on the word "slumber", which references his tendency to sleep. The additional two "s" references the hissing from a snake.