Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
- “Mmmm, tastes heavenly!”
- —Dippy, Banjo-Tooie
Dippy, subtitled "Seeker of Beverages," is a brown dinosaur with a long neck and red eyes who lives inside of a hole within Terrydactyland in Banjo-Tooie. He was named after Dippy, a dinosaur skeleton considered the most famous in the world.
When Banjo and Kazooie meet Dippy, he tells them that he is very thirsty. Dippy usually gets water from a pool outside of his cave, but it has dried up. When Kazooie tells Dippy to find water himself, he tells her that he is staying in his cave to avoid the sun from burning his skin.
At Cloud Cuckooland, when Banjo and Kazooie destroy a large boulder blocking a water drain, the water rains down to Terrydactyland. Dippy happily drinks the water from the pool, wondering where it came from and saying that it tastes heavenly. Kazooie admits to Dippy that she lied that water would not fall from the sky. Dippy happily rewards Banjo and Kazooie with a Jiggy, which is automatically added to their collection.
- "Blurrrgh... so thirsty. I need water badly."
- "The sun burns poor Dippy, so I must stay in my cave. Please get me a drink..."
- "Yippee! My pool's full of water! Where did it all come from?"
- "Mmmm, tastes heavenly!"
- "Did it? You said it wouldn't just drop from the sky."
- "Oh I am! Here, take my odd-shaped gold tooth in exchange..."