List of Banjo-Tooie glitches
This is a list of glitches from Banjo-Tooie. Unless otherwise indicated, they work in all known versions, and the names of these glitches are unofficial.
Clockwork Kazooie sequence breaking
In NTSC versions of the game, if Banjo or Kazooie is hit by an enemy at the exact moment a Clockwork Kazooie Egg enters a loading zone, Banjo and/or Kazooie will instead enter the area the Clockwork Kazooie Egg was going to enter. This has many sequence-breaking applications.
Falling through the level
This glitch can only be performed in the Nintendo 64 original. Banjo must go to the Oogle Boogle cave as Banjo and Grip Grab on the Witchyworld sign. If done correctly, when you press , Banjo climbs up on the sign and go through the wall. Banjo will fall down by going further, causing a respawn.
Grip Grab glitch
A glitch involving the Grip Grab occurs in Witchyworld. Upon entering the area, behind the ticket booth, the Shock Jump Pad can be used to spring jump and cling onto the background, allowing Banjo to crawl across the entire area.
Chief Bloatazin forgets he has the Relic
After retrieving the Sacred Relic Thingy, Banjo and Kazooie must go to Mumbo's Skull and change to Mumbo Jumbo. He must go to Chief Bloatazin, who tells Mumbo, "Sorry, I'll only talk to Banjo..." After saying this, Chief Bloatazin starts searching for the relic amidst the gold even though it has already appeared in plain sight. If Banjo and Kazooie return to the Treasure Chamber, Chief Bloatazin is found dancing where he was last seen searching for the relic.
First, go to Boggy's Igloo as Kazooie alone. Run towards the entrance while Kazooie is sliding and fire a Clockwork Kazooie Egg at exactly the same time she leaves, then detonate it once outside. This will force the game to switch back to Banjo. Going into Boggy's igloo will then make a second Banjo appear.
Kazooie, or Banjo and Kazooie together, need to go to Jolly's. She'll need to only have one honeycomb left, so she will have to jump into the fire a bit if she has more. She should activate Jolly's jukebox, turn it off again, then fire a Clockwork Kazooie Egg behind her, move it to a position a couple of steps behind her feet, and hold . The Clockwork Kazooie explodes and Kazooie dies...only to get back up again to use the jukebox. Deactivating the jukebox will then result in an "undead Kazooie".
Walking underwater glitch
In Jolly Roger's Lagoon, Banjo should go to Smuggler's Cavern and swim to the right piece of wall. For reasons unknown, he'll fall through the water and be able to walk around as if he's on land. If he enters another area under the water, he will start swimming, ending the glitch. A similar glitch can be performed in Banjo-Kazooie.
Walking on walls glitch
This glitch is done where the pool and lake are in Jolly Roger's Lagoon, find where one of the pigs was originally standing, behind him is a wall that doesn't make Banjo slide, unlike other slopes. The wall can be walked on using the Talon Trot.
- The "UFO" variant of Glitter Gulch Mine's theme becomes bugged after it's looped around once: the main melody begins playing about a measure earlier than it should. This glitch has even shown up in game soundtracks floating around on the Internet. This may explain why it's not available in the Jukebox.
- After some bonus games end, the level music may "freak out", reset, and try to play all its variants at once. This has been seen with both Crazy Castle games and all Cloud Cuckooland games, both in-game and in the variants available from the "Replay" menu. The glitch fixes itself upon leaving these areas.
- Dying in the Plateau and Clifftop sections of the Isle o' Hags may briefly cause the "zombie Jingaling" variant of Jinjo Village's theme to play before shifting to the regular version when Banjo and Kazooie respawn there. This glitch stops working once Jingaling's castle is restored.
- If Banjo and Kazooie stand next to Cheato while his theme plays, shoot a Clockwork Kazooie Egg, take it outside of the Lair, and blow it up, then when the game cuts back to Gruntilda's Lair, the Spiral Mountain theme plays for Cheato instead of his own theme.
- If a Clockwork Kazooie Egg is fired with the aiming sight and blown up while using one of the four types of shoes available, instead of the shoe's music resuming, the level music will play even though the shoes are still in effect.