Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
|This article/section requires cleanup in order to qualify for Jiggywikki's standards. |
You can discuss this issue on the talk page or this page to improve it.
Cloud Cuckooland is a surreal area located in the cloudy skies. It is the eighth world of Banjo-Tooie and the last regular world. Banjo and Kazooie need at least 45 Jiggies to access Cloud Cuckooland. There are various platforms that float around in the world.
Unlike other levels, there is no door to Cloud Cuckooland. Instead, after Banjo and Kazooie complete Jiggywiggy's Challenge, Master Jiggywiggy uses his power to make a bubble appear in a small bump in the ground near the Wasteland of Isle o' Hags. The only way for Banjo and Kazooie to access Cloud Cuckooland is to enter the bubble, which then floats them up to the location. Cloud Cuckooland is the only main world to be disconnected from the other worlds and not have a Train Station.
Points of interest
|Castle of Jelly||An enormous castle made of transparent red jelly is located on one of the cloud platforms, far out into the sky and far away from many of the other zones in the level. It can be accessed by flight. Inside this bouncy castle lies a Jiggy that can only be achieved using Banjo with Kazooie absent.|
|Zubbas' Hive||The Zubbas have returned in this game, as they were previously seen in Click Clock Wood from Banjo-Kazooie. Their new hive they have placed in Cloud Cuckooland contains a challenge that is only possible with the bee that Humba Wumba will gladly transform Banjo into at the price of one Glowbo.|
|Giant Trash Can||The Giant Trash Can of Cloud Cuckooland is located a bit lower but near the middle area of the sky. Inside this enormous trash can is Guffo, a can of beans who will reward Banjo and Kazooie with a Jiggy if they help him out.|
|Pot 'O' Gold||The Pot 'O' Gold is a giant pot of gold sitting on a cloud platform in Cloud Cuckooland near the central mountain. There is a switch on the mountainside that will open up the top of the Pot 'O' Gold. It can be reached using a Rainbow Bridge that Mumbo can summon with his Raindance spell. Inside is a challenge that Gruntilda will host against Banjo. The player must win the challenge to get a Jiggy reward.|
|Cheese Wedge||High up in the sky, above most of the other areas, is a giant piece of cheese. A beanstalk will take Banjo and Kazooie there, or it can be reached by flight. Inside the giant piece of cheese is a Jiggy.|
|Central Cavern||The Central Cavern is a major area of Cloud Cuckooland. It is located inside the Central Mountain in the middle of the level. It contains a new move to learn, the only Split-Up Pad in the entire level, all the Notes in the entire level, and more. Go inside to find Mr. Deluxe and help him remember his combination to get a Jiggy.|
|Mumbo's Skull||Unlike other worlds, there are two Mumbo's Skulls, which are red and blue respectively. The latter is inhabited by Mingy Jongo and is on the opposite side of the world from the red Mumbo's Skull.|
|Wumba's Wigwam||Wumba's Wigwam is located on a long, blue platform in the middle of the sky. Banjo can transform into a bee there.|
- Inside the Pot of Gold: Get Mumbo and head back to the Central Cavern. Follow the cliff path right, up and above to the blue cave exit. Now, on Mr. Fit's Running Track, follow it forward and to the right, to the Mumbo Pad across from the Pot O' Gold. Use the Rain Dance spell to extend a rainbow bridge (and get the After the Storm achievement on XBLA). Take Mumbo back home then head back inside the Central Cavern. The easiest way is to Backflip over the left side wall then exit out the greeny/aqua cave door to get to the Rainbow/Switch. Once there, trip the switch, hurry across and enter. The platform in the middle has 4 eggs around it. Shoot the respective eggs into each hole to start the challenge. Using Rapid-Fire Eggs, shoot the Jiggies that line up on the wall (you have to hit 90 to win).
- Inside the Trash Can: Get Kazooie and fly/Glide to the Trash Can. Step on the switch and head inside. Guffo the can tells you to clear the Can of germs. Run around using the Wing Whack and you should win it. Alternatively, pick a strategic spot and switch to first-person view, then fire eggs at the germs. Dragon Kazooie's infinite supply of Fire Eggs is very useful here.
- Defeat Mingy Jongo: In one of the 2 Skulls in this world, the blue one contains Mumbo, and the red one contains the impostor, Mingy Jongo.
- Canary Mary's Rematch: Outside Wumba's Wigwam is a small mechanical mouse, where a familiar bird Banjo and Kazooie know, Canary Mary is waiting for a rematch. She's a lot faster than when she was in Glitter Gulch Mine, which is not that helpful to Banjo and Kazooie. The trick is to stay on her tail, as she only speeds up dramatically when you are in too close to her. So wait it out, plod along then just blitz the button and pass her on the last stretch, good luck!
- Defeat All the Eyeball Plants: Grunty planted four Eyeballus Jiggium Plants around the world. Get the Bee and then shoot the flowers, each passing a Jiggy on to the other. One plant is near George Ice Cube, another is on the side of a large pool of water, another is above the red Mumbo skull, and the last one is below the Cheese Wedge. Only when all four are destroyed can you claim the Jiggy.
- The Zubba's Nest: Change into the Bee and fly to the top of the world. A statue of a Zubba holding a target is at the top. Shoot it, and then quickly shoot it 20 more times to enter the Zubba Nest. The Zubbas have you shoot Zubbas to get points, winning you the Jiggy as a reward.
- Find Superstash's Combination: Superstash, a safe in the Central Cavern, has lost his combination. He hid the 4 numbers in small holes (only accessible with a Clockwork Kazooie Egg). The first hole is down on its own ledge by the water near where George Ice Cube was. The second is on a ledge above Superstash, simply move the Kazooie Egg through the red tunnel. The third is at the top of the Central Cavern but the entrance is outside at the top of the mountain on a red platform. The last one is in a hole behind the Trash Can.
- Inside the Jelly Castle: As Banjo, and from the Split-Pad in the Central Cavern, head straight out the cave door in front of you and you should be at the blue Mumbo Skull. Climb the vine on the left, then use the flower that is right next to the vine to shoot you to the Jelly Castle. Use Banjo's Shack Pack to get into the Castle and get the Jiggy.
- Inside the Cheese Wedge: From the Central Cavern, Split Up into Banjo and head directly in front of you out the blue cave exit to the blue Skull. Climb the nearby vine, Sack Pack or just jump really, across the path to the Floater. Assuming you've already hatched the egg, continue on to the other side. If not, pop back as Kazooie and Hatch the Floater. You'll find a patch of dirt in need of a seed. (...the seeds are buried back at the first entrance, you will find them by using the Bill Drill.) Then, to make the Vine grow, perform Mumbo's Rain Dance. (See 'Inside The Pot O' Gold' for more info.) With the vine ready, head up and into the Cheese Wedge as Banjo. Use the Sack Pack and hop onto a spiky platform that floats down. Drop onto a ledge in the far back area, and then use the Sack Pack to head through a small hole, where you find a Jiggy. Move quickly; the air inside the Cheese Wedge is toxic.
- Beat Mr. Fit: Mr. Fit, an aardvark wearing a jogging suit, is going to test you to see if you can beat him. First, he's behind the world entrance next to a large structure. You have to jump over the bar (head across to the main area and dig up a pair of Springy Step Shoes with the Bill Drill. While you're digging stuff up, dig up 2 seeds that you'll need later. Grab them and then use the flower to shoot you back over, so you can hurry over and jump the bar. Next, Fit is above the red Mumbo skull. You'll need one of the seeds now to make a Vine (to make the beans grow into vines after planting them, have Mumbo make it rain with his magic pad) to Mr. Fit. Go there as Banjo, and then when the race starts, use the Sack Pack to take the narrow path. The final test, is a foot race. Now transform in Kazooie and then follow the path up (the path near the Claw Clamber Footprints) to the top of the Central Cavern to the blue cave exit. But before you step through, continue along the narrow path to a little nook with some Turbo Trainers. Now, run outside to race Mr. Fit and finally get the Jiggy.
- Inside the trash can, on top of the Snacky Fatty Chocs box.
- In the central cavern. Reach him by gliding as Kazooie, or shoot a Clockwork Kazooie Egg up there to save time.
- In Mingy Jongo's skull.
- In the rafters of Humba's tent.
- In the cheese.
- Bill Drill the spots at the start of the level
- Behind the Pot O'Gold
- Handle of the Trash Can
- 75 points or more in the Pot O'Gold game.
- Defeating Canary Mary twice.
- 40 points or more in the Zubba's Nest game
- At the top of the Central Cave only accessible by a cave near the top of the mountain on the outside.
- In the Central Cavern, Kazooie must hatch the Floatus Egg that is located right by the Split-Up Pads. Then Banjo alone must use Taxi Pack on the Floatus to float across to the platform where the red jelly wall is. Banjo then must use the Shack Pack to get through the small hole to reach Jamjars.
- Inside the Central Cavern in a small, elevated pool overlooking a larger pool
- In a large pool attached to the central cavern where George Ice Cube is also found.
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
- “Cloud Cuckooland was the last challenge world of Banjo-Tooie. It took L.O.G. a lot of effort to get running smoothly due to its large, open nature, and was where Banjo met Mr. Fit.”
- —Banjoland description
A painting/model of Cloud Cuckooland makes up its own area in the third world, Banjoland, of Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. It appears alongside the Rubbish Bin and Cheese Wedge. On the painting, there are also models of the Red Jelly Castle, the Cheese Wedge, a Mumbo's Skull, a few rainbows and an Eyeballus Jiggium Plant. Interestingly, there is also a red stop n swop egg perched on one of the outcrops, that when smashed releases a Gruntbot.
Names in other languages
|French||Nuage Coucouland||Cloud Cuckooland|
|German||Wolken-Wonneland||Cloud Pleasence Land|
|Italian||Nube Cuculandia||Cloud Cuckooland|
|Spanish||Nube Cucolandia||Cloud Cuckooland|
- Cloud Cuckooland and Cauldron Keep are the only worlds in Banjo-Tooie to not have five Warp Pads.
- The music of Mumbo Jumbo's Rain Dance is different from the other worlds but it can't play on the game.
- In real life, the term "Cloud Cuckooland" is used to describe a realm of fantasy, dreams, or impractical notions that are beyond the comprehension of the real world, which explains the level's surreal; childlike appearance. It is also the name of a location in the 2014 animated film The LEGO Movie.
- It is possible to complete the game without going into this level since Banjo can use the Shack Pack to get across the purple water instead of the Sack Pack and also by the fact that you only need 70 Jiggies to reach the final boss which you would have if you collected every Jiggy possible without this level's help.