Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
- “Don't play the fool with me. I want my eggs back or else!”
- —Terry, Banjo-Tooie
In Banjo-Tooie, Terry can be found atop a mountain in Terrydactyland, inside his nest, where he is subtitled "Disgruntled Pterodactyl Parent." When Banjo and Kazooie approach start climbing the place, he accuses them of stealing his four eggs and starts to spit a purple liquid in the duo's direction in an attempt to knock them out of the path. When they finally reach him, Terry once again asks for the two to give his eggs back, but as Banjo is unaware of their whereabouts, the battle starts.
Terry starts the fight by flying up and spitting into Banjo. This is an easily-avoidable attack, as simply keep moving is enough to not be hit. After that, he will move to another location, leaving himself open to Kazooie's Egg attacks. After taking enough damage, he will spit out several Mucoids to attack the bear and bird. They can be quickly beaten by a Forward Roll, however. After that, Terry will go back to spitting at the duo and the attacks repeat themselves until he is defeated.
Once he has been beaten, Banjo and Kazooie manage to convince him that they did not steal his eggs, even offering to bring them back to his nest. This causes Terry to give them a Jiggy and activates a Flight Pad to aid in their search.
Once all four babies have returned to the nest, Terry rewards the duo with another Jiggy.
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
In Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, a portrait of Terry can be seen in Banjoland. Additionally, in the description of the Humba Wide blueprint, Humba Wumba says that the vehicle is "wide, but could break up easier than Terry's eggs in cement mixer."
- "You down there! Steal my eggs, would you? Then take this..."
- "Gah, you made it! Come on, I dare you to come up the stairs. I'll show you what happens to egg-robbing bears!"
- "Give me back my eggs, you filthy light-fingered bear!"
- "Don't play the fool with me. I want my eggs back or else!"
- "Maybe so, but not before you two!"
- "I haven't forgotten, you know."
- "That you've still got my eggs! Hand them over, you furry thief!"
- "Mmmm. I reckon I can get a better vantage point around the other side..."
- "Those eggs hurt! I'm off for a rest while the Mucoids soften you up!"
- "Hey! Where did all my snotty buddies go? You've stolen them, just like my precious eggs!"
- "Stop it! I've had enough!"
- "I've tried my best, but I'll never get my eggs from you now..."
- "You haven't? Oh dear, sorry about the rough stuff..."
- "Would you? That's real nice of you. There are four eggs to find, which must be ready for hatching around now..."
- "Please find the eggs for me before I become extinct. I'll give you half the reward for now and half later..."
- "To help you get my eggs back, I'll also let you use this..."
- "That's one of my precious babies! Aww, isn't it cute?"
- "Yikes! She's a big girl, isn't she?"
- "Hmmm, I'm not sure if there will be room in our nest. You couldn't just hit it with one of those Grenade Eggs, could you?"
- "Only joking! Bring her back to me and I'll work out an exercise program for her."
- "That's the last one!"
- "Here's the other half of your reward as promised..."
Names in other languages
Enraged Pterodactyl Father
Bad Mood Father Pteranodon.
Padre Pterodáctilo Contrariado
Disgruntled Pterodactyl Parent
- Terry is one of the two bosses in Banjo-Tooie to help Banjo and Kazooie after being defeated, with the other one being Old King Coal.
- Terry is one of the five characters to have their homeworlds named after them, with the others being Mumbo Jumbo in Mumbo's Mountain, Clanker in Clanker's Cavern , Gobi in Gobi's Valley and Jolly Roger in Jolly Roger's Lagoon.