Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
Banjo-Tooie (Xbox Live Arcade)
From Jiggywikki, a Banjo-Kazooie wikiJump to navigationJump to search
Microsoft Game Studios
|Console(s)||Xbox 360 (Xbox Live Arcade)|
|Release date(s)||April 29, 2009|
|Mode||Single player, multiplayer|
|Input||Xbox 360 Wireless Controller|
Banjo-Tooie is a port of the game of the same name for the Xbox 360 as part of Xbox Live Arcade, a digital video game download service. It was published by Microsoft in 2009 and, much like Banjo-Kazooie's Xbox Live Arcade port, made multiple minor changes to both the game's graphics and gameplay, as well as adding some extra content through Stop 'n' Swop. This version was later included in Rare Replay and Xbox Cloud Gaming (Project xCloud) service.
- The main menu has received many added features:
- A portal to rewatch cutscenes
- A mode to fight previously defeated bosses.
- A viewable tutorial.
- The ability to replay completed mini-games.
- The volume and sound effects can be adjusted.
- The empty save files still have pictures of characters. These portraits also have the Stop 'n' Swop II logo at the corner.
- The pause menu has also received some changes:
- "Leaderboard and Achievements" has been introduced.
- "View Totals" has been introduced.
- "Jiggy Tips" has been introduced, which repladces the signposts in Jiggywiggy's Temple.
- Stop 'n' Swop, a feature originally scrapped in the original game, is now fully functional and works with both the Xbox Live Arcade port of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. Stop 'n' Swop II, a new feature, has also been implemented.
- Most glitches from the original version have been fixed.
- Klungo's potions are no longer random, with him always using the red potion in the first battle, the green potion in the second battle and the blue potion in the third battle.
- Gruntilda has some new questions in the Tower of Tragedy Quiz, as well as few old ones changed.
- The game is now compatible with High Definition resolutions and a higher frame rate, up to 1080p, 60 frames per second.
- The textures have been redone to be a much higher fidelity.
- Almost all instances os frame rate drops and lag have been removed.
- This causes issues with the audio in cutscenes and other moments being out of synch with the visuals, as the original music and sound effects were coregraphed with the original game's lag in mind.
- Some music is modified, for example Witchyworld's music has some instruments play at a different pitch and a wave effect in the song is removed.
- All Nintendo references have been removed or replaced.
- The dialogue is in a different font, Andy Bold, instead of Comicrazy.
- Humba Wumba, after transforming Kazooie into a dragon, mentions L.O.G.'s Lost Challenges.
|Knocked Out Klungo||He's out for revenge; not once, not twice, but three times. You need to beat him once.||20|
|Treasure Hunt||You'll probably end up with many more, but to achieve this you need just one of each.||20|
|All Beaten Up||Kill any 20 bad guys with any of these attacks: Mumbo's wand, your Pants Attack or the Daddy T-Rex.||20|
|A Merry Old Soul||You’ll find Old King Coal in Chuffy's boiler and he's a bit on the grubby side. Scrub him out!||20|
|Hatch the Future||Separate our heroes for the first time, or hatch a Banjo-Kazooie Stop 'N' Swop Egg with Heggy.||20|
|Calamari Bonanza||Don’t be suckered! You’ll have to freeze every single octopi.||20|
|It Lives!||Miracles do happen! Bring Sabreman back to life.||15|
|After The Storm||Ahhhh, a pretty rainbow. You did that, you old softy!||10|
|My Nemesis||Do it properly this time! Get rid of Grunty and save us from her rhymes. Off with her head!||10|
|Points Make Prizes||Balloons of any color will do, get 60 points worth or more and you're a winner… sort of.||15|
|They think it's all over...||Win a Colosseum Kickball final. The worst scorers rule at this game, so you should be good at it!||15|
|Shoot Em Up!||It’s great fun exploding these little lovelies! Any 20 Ulcers, Clinkers or Mines will earn this.||15|
- For this subject's image gallery, see Gallery:Banjo-Tooie.