Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge Mobile
|Release date(s)||June 2005|
Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge Mobile is a downgraded port of Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge released on mobile phones in June 2005, and was coded in Java programming language. A separate game was released, Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge Missions, which is a mobile port of eight mini-games originating from the Game Boy Advance game.
Differences from the Game Boy Advance version
- The story has been altered slightly to be shorter. Instead of Mumbo Jumbo warning Banjo and Kazooie about Gruntilda's return, Bozzeye comes out of a molehill to warn the duo, even though he is Bottles' ancestor.
- The worlds are smaller and many areas have been completely cut from the game, such as the entirety of Freezing Furnace's lava areas.
- There is a total of only 6 non-playable characters in the entire game, them being Bozzeye, Honey B, the Jinjo Oracle, Master Jiggywiggy, Mumbo Jumbo, and Mecha-Grunty. Although Klungo appears on the title screen, he is only mentioned once during the ending cutscene.
- None of the transformations appear in the game, and Mumbo's Pad is also absent. Mumbo Jumbo himself only appears in both the introduction and ending cutscenes to warp the duo in time.
- There are only 500 Musical Notes, 28 Jiggies, 10 Hollow Honeycombs, 15 Jinjos (3 purple, 3 blue, 3 red, 3 green and 3 yellow), and 10 moves learned by Bozzeye.
- None of the minigames appear in this game. There are 8 minigames that do appear in Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge Missions, a separate mobile port.
- After completing the game, the player's total score is calculated, and then put in a sort of leaderboard. The completed save file then becomes unplayable.