Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
|Jiggy requirement||55 (70 for final boss)|
In outside is a cylindrical steel tower, a cauldron form in upper, transparent roof, iron drawbridge, 3 doors, one window where is the B.O.B. and moat with purple toxic slime. Inside is full with pipes, lights, electrical lamps in roof and a elevator. In different floors contains gatehouse in lower, gun chamber in middle and garage in upper.
The entrance is found on a ledge in Quagmire, Isle O' Hags and is accessible from either climbing a pole or using Claw Clamber Boots to climb the cliff. The latter is required first, as the switch for the Shock Spring Pad needed to reach the pole is located at the cliff itself. After Gruntilda's Lair had been blocked and abandoned by the witches, Cauldron Keep became their new lair. The entrance to the castle interior is surrounded by a moat of plasma and the main entrance is blocked by blue lasers. The duo must split up and step foot on the buttons to activate the bridge and disable the lasers. The Tower of Tragedy Quiz game is found when first entering the castle. Another door inside leads upstairs to the Gun Chamber, where the duo must use the B.O.B. to restore Bottles and King Jingaling. In the Gun Chamber, the opening where the B.O.B.'s beam blaster is leads to the top of the tower, where a door that requires a number of Jiggies leads to a lift that leads to a glass dome at the very top, where Hag-1 is found. The duo must destroy Hag-1 and defeat Gruntilda.
Points of interest
- Entrance/Exit and Moat
- Klungo Final Fight Chamber
- Tower of Tragedy Quiz Set
- Top of Cauldron Keep
Names in other languages
|French||Forteresse Chaudron||Cauldron Fortress|
|German||Hexenkesselkerker||Witch Cauldron Dungeon|
|Italian||Torre Calderone||Cauldron Tower|
Majo no Oshiro
|Spanish||Torre del Caldero||Cauldron Keep|
- It's not actually necessary to deactivate the laser mesh, as you can just jump through the gaps instead.
- In Cauldron Keep, there are no stairs going up, but Banjo and Kazooie must climb down stairs to enter the B.O.B. Chamber.
- Kazooie again breaks the Fourth Wall upon entering the Gatehouse. When Banjo notes that there's no one there, Kazooie replies that the music has changed (to the boss music) and that they always end up in a fight when that happens. She proves right, as Klungo literally drops in seconds later.
- On the right side of the entrance to the world, a sign that says "Cauldron Keep Secret Exit" is seen. This means that the area Banjo and Kazooie enter the world from is not the actual entrance. However, it is unknown where the real entrance would be.
- This level has an equivalent in Donkey Kong 64 named Hideout Helm.
- This level was originally going to be a fuller world like the other 8 levels in the game (see Castle World); however, due to time constraints, it was simplified to Cauldron Keep.
- For the top part of the world's tower, there are differences between the normal version (that's part of the world geometry) and the boss version (for the Hag 1 battle). In the boss version, most of the polygons including part of the B.O.B. are removed, it has a narrower boundry box, pressing "" on the elevator floor does nothing, making the area unable to be escaped, and it uses a similar skybox without the fog at the bottom and black background instead. Also, this area is a point of no return and cannot be entered again after Gruntilda has been defeated; instead, they will enter the usual variant part of the world's geometry so it can let them leave anytime by pressing "" on the elevator floor.