|Jiggywikki was recently forked from Banjo-Kazooie FANDOM, and is currently under heavy renovation. Take note that most of the articles, images, and categories are currently being reworked for the new wiki.|
|This article/section requires cleanup in order to qualify for Jiggywikki's standards. |
You can discuss this issue on the talk page or this page to improve it.
- “Yarrrr! Egg hurt Conga!”
- —Conga, Banjo-Kazooie
In the game, Conga stands top of an orange tree of which he is very possessive, throwing oranges at anyone who comes near it. He wears a red shirt with black trousers and shoes. In order to defeat him and obtain a Jiggy, Banjo and Kazooie must steal an orange by climbing the tree and giving it to Chimpy, a small monkey who is quite fond of the fruits. Chimpy will allow them access to a perch from which Blue Eggs can be fired at Conga, damaging him and eventually forcing him to surrender the glittering jigsaw piece. Another Jiggy can also be obtained from Conga by standing on each of the three blocks around the tree and tricking him into hitting the blocks with oranges, causing them to vanish and reveal a Jiggy when all three have been hit.
Conga appears again in Banjo-Tooie where he guards the entrance to the Big Top tent in Witchyworld. He will only admit Banjo and Kazooie into the tent if they turn over four Tickets, and if they've learned the Airborne Egg Aming move from Jamjars. Once all requirements are met, Conga runs off and disappears for the remainder of the game. He also acquired a carnival hat and jacket along with his other clothes. The tickets must be collected by defeating each of the four Fruities, the killer slot-machine monsters, around the tent by hitting them with Grenade Eggs, a well-aimed Bill Drill, or by ramming them with the Van transformation.
- Although Conga is absent from Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, he is directly referenced with the Citrus Slick vehicle part, which shoots oranges that slow down other racers. Mumbo Jumbo quotes "Brave Mumbo steal Conga's oranges to invent this."
- It is unknown whether he intentionally set up the fight against Mr. Patch in Banjo-Tooie. If so, he presumably did it for revenge. However, if he did it for revenge, the question is why he refuses to let the pair in unless they know Airborne Egg Aiming.
- Conga's carnival hat is available as a downloadable accessory for the first Viva Piñata game.
- When you are in Mumbo's Mountain and come to his tree in Termite Banjo form, he will call himself "Congo" rather than his real name because it was his beta name.
- Conga uses Donkey Kong's sound effects.
- In Banjo-X, the cancelled Banjo-Kazooie port for the original Xbox, Conga was planned to be aware of his defeat in the original version and would change his strategy.