Stomponadon is a character in Banjo-Tooie.
Stomponadon is a giant dinosaur who lives in the Stomping Plains of Terrydactyland. She is the largest character of the Banjo-Kazooie series, and only her foot is ever shown, even in the character parade. Judging from her foot, Stomponadon appears to be based on members of the Theropoda suborder of dinosaurs, such as a Tyrannosaurus Rex. The footsteps in the Stomping Plains (presumed to be from Stomponadon) are those of a sauropod, such as a Diplodocus.
Stomponadon is subtitled "Triassic Steamroller." She constantly tries to stomp on Banjo or Kazooie while they try to cross the plains, and cannot be attacked or defeated. If she stomps on Banjo or Kazooie, they get crushed and instantly lose all of their health except for one honeycomb. They stay flattened for several seconds before returning to normal size.
There are large footprints in the ground that protect Banjo and Kazooie from Stomponadon. The duo can safely move between the footprints by either running with Talon Trot or using Wonderwing for invincibility. If Banjo is split apart from Kazooie, he cannot get across safely without taking damage; this is because he cannot quickly move between the footprints without Kazooie's help. The Snooze Pack or either of the three cheats, HONEYBACK, HONEYKING, and SUPERBANJO, are the only way Banjo can move across safely.
- Stomponadon is one of the three non-boss characters in Banjo-Tooie to have a boss-like intro.
- While zombified, King Jingaling says many lines mentioning different bosses and enemies who appear throughout the game. In one of them, he references Stomponadon by saying: "Be quick on the plains. Stomponadon shows no mercy...."
- If Banjo, Kazooie or Mumbo Jumbo jump while inside a footprint and touch Stomponandon, they lose only one honeycomb and do not get flattened.
- Stomponadon is based on a dinosaur enemy from Project Dream.
- Although Gruntilda mentions Stomponadon being a female, the Nintendo Power guide refers to Stomponadon by male pronouns.
- Rare Revealed: A Rare Look at Dream - YouTube
- Steve Mayles on Twitter: "@pdhFletch Shhhh...he's just a leg. The same character from SNES Dream, if you like..." / Twitter (archive.org)
- Banjo-Tooie The Official Nintendo Player's Guide, page 73.