Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
Lord Woo Fak Fak
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (pictured)
|World(s)||Jolly Roger's Lagoon|
- “Back again? Don't you know who I am? I'm Lord Woo Fak Fak, and I'm going to have to destroy you!”
- —Lord Woo Fak Fak, Banjo-Tooie
Lord Woo Fak Fak's name was inspired by Paul J. Machacek, an engineer at Rare Ltd. who developed a reputation around work for his colorful language. When encountering problems during development of the games, he would frequently swear before finally exclaiming "Woo!" when the problem was solved.
In Banjo-Tooie, Banjo and Kazooie encounter Lord Woo Fak Fak deep under Jolly Roger's Lagoon, inside Davy Jones' Locker, where he is subtitled "Self-Important Anglerfish." There, they notice the Jiggy in his angler bulb and approach it. Lord Woo Fak Fak wakes up and shouts at the duo, asking who they are. Banjo lies that they came to deliver his mail, but Lord Woo Fak Fak immediately figures out that they came to steal his Jiggy. Kazooie agrees to "something like that," and the battle starts.
The battle starts with Lord Woo Fak Fak having his eyes closed. To attack, Banjo and Kazooie must shoot at Lord Woo Fak Fak's flashing boil using either a Grenade Egg or a submarine torpedo. Lord Woo Fak Fak attacks by firing electric orbs from his angler. Once the duo hit all six boils, Lord Woo Fak Fak condemns them and opens his eyes, starting the second phase of the battle. Here, Banjo and Kazooie must shoot at Lord Woo Fak Fak's eyes, each requiring three hits. Lord Woo Fak Fak instead starts firing bubble traps, which have a more accurate aim. When both eyes are hit three times, Lord Woo Fak Fak is defeated, causing him to turn upside down and leave behind his Jiggy.
After the battle, if Banjo and Kazooie shoot at Lord Woo Fak Fak, he tells them to stop. In one quote, he claims to be dead (despite talking in that moment) and says that he has no more Jiggies.
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
In the Jiggosseum's scoreboard, it is stated that "in the 134th Showdown Town Domino Marathon held at Ye Olde Empty Kettle, Lord Woo Fak Fak beat Weldar after 5 years and 172 days' play due to Weldar rusting away to nothing. Fak Fak wins the first prize of 50 pence and a bag of pork scratchings."
Lord Woo Fak Fak has a green body, yellow eyes with red pupils, sharp teeth, and boils all over his face. His angler bulb contains a Jiggy, which is used as his light source.
- "What?! Who dares intrude on Lord Woo Fak Fak while he sleeps in his appallingly cramped locker?"
- "Don't lie to me! You were going to steal my Jiggy and drain my home, leaving me to flap pathetically around on the bottom until I shrivelled up and died, weren't you?"
- "Then a watery grave awaits you!"
- "Back again? Don't you know who I am? I'm Lord Woo Fak Fak, and I'm going to have to destroy you!"
- "Aieeee! Me precious boils!"
- "Woo! Have you no sympathy hitting a poor blind fish? Time I opened my eyes to see what I'm doing!"
- "Urrrrrr! Please! Not my eyes..."
- "Curses! Things seem to have gone belly up! One hundred years of oceanic tyranny brought to an undignified end..."
- "Oi! Stop that, you scumbags! I know your father..."
- "Cease firing! I used to be a hero, didn't you know?"
- "Stop shooting me! I am dead and have no more Jiggies!"
- "Oh yes, this happens all the time. In fact, I quite like being upside down..."
Names in other languages
|German||Fürst von Fak Fak
|Lord von Fak Fak|
Bloated Angler Fish
|Italian||Conte Ke Kaz Kaz|
|Lord Woo Fak Fak|
|Spanish||Lord Woo Fak Fak
Pez Linterna de Gran Autoestima
Lantern Fish of Great Selfsteem
- In Banjo-Tooie, while zombified, King Jingaling states that he and Lord Woo Fak Fak often go fishing together, but he is not supposed to tell anyone.