|Jiggywikki was recently forked from Banjo-Kazooie FANDOM, and is currently under heavy renovation. Take note that most of the articles, images, and categories are currently being reworked for the new wiki.|
Lord Woo Fak Fak
|This article/section requires cleanup in order to qualify for Jiggywikki's standards. |
Reason: Wikia; the trivia takes up more than half the page
You can discuss this issue on the talk page or this page to improve it.
|Lord Woo Fak Fak|
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (cameo)
|World(s)||Jolly Roger's Lagoon|
Lord Woo Fak Fak is the boss of Jolly Roger's Lagoon in Banjo-Tooie. He is a giant anglerfish who resides in Davy Jones' locker at the bottom of the ocean. Banjo and Kazooie notice the Jiggy in the light on his angler and take a closer look, but Lord Woo Fak Fak wakes and sees them. Banjo lies and says they came to bring his mail, but Lord Woo Fak Fak assumes they came to steal his Jiggy, drain his home and leave him to shrivel up and die. Kazooie agrees to "something like that", and the giant fish starts the battle.
To defeat Lord Woo Fak Fak, the player has to target the boils on the side of his body. Only the flashing boils can be damaged. There are six total, and each takes one hit from an explosive. During this time Lord Woo Fak Fak will attack by firing energy blasts from his angler, and despite that his eyes are closed, the pair will still get hit if they don't move. After all of the boils are shot, he curses Banjo and Kazooie for attacking when his eyes are closed and opens them. To damage him now, the player has to shoot his eyes, which each take three hits. However, this part is more dangerous because since Lord Woo Fak Fak can see now, his shots are more accurate, he starts shooting bubble traps, and the player has to stay in front of him to hit him. If at any point the player runs low on eggs, there's a nest in each corner of the locker, though going down to get them makes it easier to get hit. This can be made easier by having Humba Wumba transform you into a submarine, since the submarine doesn't run out of torpedoes. After the battle he goes belly up and his light goes out. If Banjo and Kazooie continue to shoot him after the battle, he will say that he is dead and has no more Jiggies, which is ironic, considering the fact that if he is truly dead, he would not be able to speak.
- Lord Woo Fak Fak: What?! Who dares intrude on Lord Woo Fak Fak while he sleeps in his appallingly cramped locker?
- Banjo: Err... we've just brought some mail for you, Lord Fak.
- Lord Woo Fak Fak: Don't lie to me! You were going to steal my Jiggy and drain my home, leaving me to flap pathetically around on the bottom until I shrivelled up and died, weren't you?
- Kazooie: Something like that.
- Lord Woo Fak Fak: Then a watery grave awaits you!
During the battle:
- Aieeee! Me precious boils!
- Woo! Have you no sympathy hitting a poor blind fish? Time I opened my eyes to see what I'm doing!
- Urrrrrr! Please! Not my eyes...
- Curses! Things seem to have gone belly up! One hundred years of oceanic tyranny brought to an undignified end...
If Banjo and Kazooie decide to continue shooting him:
- Oi! Stop that, you scumbags! I know your father.
- Cease fire! I used to be a hero, ya know!
- Stop shooting me! I am dead and have no more Jiggies!
- Oh yes, this happens all the time. In fact, I quite like being upside down...
If Banjo and Kazooie lose the battle, and then come back:
- Back again? Don't you know who I am? I'm Lord Woo Fak Fak, and I'm going to have to destroy you!
Names in other languages
|German||Fürst von Fak Fak
|Lord von Fak Fak|
Bloated Angler Fish
|Italian||Conte Ke Kaz Kaz|
|Lord Woo Fak Fak|
|Spanish||Lord Woo Fak Fak
Pez Linterna de Gran Autoestima
Lantern Fish of Great Selfsteem
- Lord Woo Fak Fak's name was inspired by Paul Machacek, an engineer at Rare who developed a reputation around at work for his colourful language. When encountering problems during development of the games, he would frequently swear words before finally exclaiming "woo!" when the problem was solved.
- It is worth noting that Lord Woo Fak Fak's theme contains some notes from the music in Mumbo's Mountain.
- Blood gushes out from Lord Woo Fak Fak's boils when they are hit.
- The character is also similar in name and appearance to Lord Jabu-Jabu from The Legend of Zelda series, and fought in similar conditions to Gyorg from Majora's Mask.
- According to King Jingaling, he and Lord Woo Fak Fak often go fishing together, but he is not supposed to tell anyone.
- In Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts, there is an abandoned building near the pier called "The Fak Fak".
- Lord Woo Fak Fak should be female or not have his light, because male anglerfish don't have lights on their heads.
- If Lord Woo Fak Fak is touched during the fight, Banjo will react as if he's taken damage, but he doesn't actually lose any life energy.
- It is not possible to fight Lord Woo Fak Fak as Banjo or Kazooie alone, as Mumbo, or as a transformation (Other than the Submarine) using a Gameshark code, as Banjo cannot defend for himself without Kazooie (The game also doesn't allow him to go into the locker without Kazooie during the actual gameplay, even if he's already defeated), and Kazooie and Mumbo will swim up to the top of the locker, as they aren't programed to swim underwater).