Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
George Ice Cube
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts:
- “Nooooo! Wrong side! Tell Mildred I love h...”
- —George Ice Cube, Banjo-Tooie
George Ice Cube is a friendly Chinker and the husband of Mildred Ice Cube. He was likely named after George Roper, one of the two main characters of the British sitcom, George and Mildred.
In Banjo-Tooie, George Ice Cube is found in the edge of a cliff in Cloud Cuckooland, above a Flight Pad. When Banjo and Kazooie meet him, he explains that he and his wife, Mildred Ice Cube, were walking around the icy side of Hailfire Peaks when suddenly he was caught in a blizzard and blown away to his current location. After the explanation, he tells them that he believes to be right above the ice side of the aforementioned world and asks for the duo to push him.
However, once pushed, George finds out he was not above the ice side, but rather the fire side of Hailfire Peaks. Because of this, he melts immediately after hitting the ground and unintentionally cools down a crater of water, allowing Banjo and Kazooie to empty it into Piggles and Trotty's pool in Jolly Roger's Lagoon.
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
In Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, George and Mildred Ice Cube are found being displayed in Banjoland, on the snowman.
While in most Acts he is simply used as a decoration, George Ice Cube plays an important role in the "Ice To See You" challenge of Act 1. During the mission, Bottles informs Banjo and Kazooie that George slided from his display while sleeping and ended up in the desert area, leaving it for the duo to carry him back to his original exhibit.
Additionally, a smaller model of George can be seen in the Cloud Cuckooland exhibit.
- "Hey, young man! I'm George Ice Cube, stuck up here at this perilous altitude."
- "I was out walking on the Icy Side of Hailfire Peaks with my wife Mildred, when a huge blizzard came along and blew me away!"
- "I'm afraid of heights. Now, I reckon I'm above the icy side, so if you could just give a little push..."
- "Nooooo! Wrong side! Tell Mildred I love h..."