Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
|Game(s)||Dream: Land of Giants (cancelled)|
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (pictured)
|World(s)||Jolly Roger's Lagoon|
Captain Blackeye is a large human pirate, planned to be the main antagonist of the cancelled game, Dream: Land of Giants, which was redeveloped into Banjo-Kazooie. He is a perpetual drinker with depression, which is strongly implied to be because the game he was going to be an antagonist in was never released.
In Banjo-Kazooie, a portrait of Captain Blackeye appears in the mansion of Mad Monster Mansion. The portrait depicts his artwork from Dream: Land of Giants, but is cropped to his head.
In Banjo-Tooie, Captain Blackeye has a minor role, sitting in the back of a bar in Jolly Roger's Lagoon. If Banjo talks to him three times, he threatens to attack him and Kazooie. On the fourth attempt, he tries to attack them (as implied by his dialogue). However, Blackeye is too seasick, as shown from his green face, and falls on his back. Instead, he gives Banjo and Kazooie two Doubloons to fetch him a glass of water. Captain Blackeye then faints, but can still be interacted with as he spouts off his remarks.
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
In Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Captain Blackeye makes a cameo on the Boot in a Box weapon. His picture is on a wanted poster, and there is a shop called "Blackeye's Boat Hire" near the LOGBOX 720 doors.
In Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise, a statue of Captain Blackeye can be placed at the garden.
- "Avast there, ye scurvy dogs! I be Captain Blackeye, fearless pirate and scourage of the seas..."
- "Just a touch of seasickness, y' filthy rats."
- "Watch yer tongue, Buzzard!"
- "Shiver me timbers! These seasick tablets that Jolly gave me are mighty useless..."
- "Splce the main brace! One more press o' that thar button an' I'll run ye through!"
- "Right! I'll slit yer... Oooh, me poor stomach. Just take these doubloons and fetch me another glass o' water..."
- "Arr! I had a dream once..."
- "I were in this fine game..."
- "A bear stole me glory...looked a bit like you, 'e did!".
- According to Grant Kirkhope, Captain Blackeye owned a ship named "The Mudplugger".
- In 2015, Gregg Mayles had a unique picture of Captain Blackeye as his Twitter profile picture. The render did not have any hair nor beard. Gregg later said that the render was the one they did for Dream: Land of Giants.