Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
Merry Maggie Malpass
|World(s)||Jolly Roger's Lagoon|
- “Thanks for rescuing me from the bile infested innards of that ferocious sea monster.”
- —Merry Maggie, Banjo-Tooie
Merry Maggie Malpass is a large, lipstick-bedecked toad with blonde hair. She is Jolly Roger's assistant at his bar in Jolly Roger's Lagoon. Although she is a female, Merry Maggie Malpass has a masculine body and a low tone of speaking voice.
In Banjo-Tooie, when Banjo and Kazooie first meet Jolly Roger, he tells them that Maggie has gone missing. Jolly Roger asks them to find her so that she can help him during the bar's happy hour. To find Merry Maggie Malpass, Banjo and Kazooie must track down the Big Fish in the lagoon and knock out its teeth with Grenade Eggs. Once its teeth are gone, they can swim inside, where they find Maggie. She reveals that she was riding one of Captain Blubber's waveracers until the Big Fish knocked her over and swallowed her. When Banjo and Kazooie tell her that she can leave the fish, Maggie returns to the bar. Once the duo also return there, they are rewarded a Jiggy. Ever since Merry Maggie Malpass has returned, she can be found in an inn behind the bar, brushing her hair.
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
In Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Merry Maggie's name appears on a storefront in Showdown Town, "Merry Maggie's Baggies". She is also mentioned in the Jiggosseum's scoreboard (being referred to as "Missin' Merry Maggie") where, in the "Pool" category, it is stated that she scored 0 points and lost against Jolly 'The Brown Ball' Dodger, who scored 3 points.
- "Ah, you must be the rescue party."
- "I'm Merry Maggie, partner of Jolly Roger. I was out on one of Blubber's waveracers, when this fish knocked me off and swallowed me!"
- "That's lovely. It'll soon be happy hour at the inn, and Jolly will be needing some relief."
- "Oh, see Jolly about that. I'm sure he'll give you one."
- "Thanks for rescuing me from the bile infested innards of that ferocious sea monster."
- "It seemed like a monster to me..."
- Merry Maggie Malpass shares a last name with Rare employee, Steve Malpass.
- During one part, when Banjo and Kazooie talk to Maggie, either alone or together, they reference the game show The Price is Right.