|Jiggywikki was recently forked from Banjo-Kazooie FANDOM, and is currently under heavy renovation. Take note that most of the articles, images, and categories are currently being reworked for the new wiki.|
Merry Maggie Malpass
|This article/section requires cleanup in order to qualify for Jiggywikki's standards. |
Reason: Wikia import
You can discuss this issue on the talk page or this page to improve it.
|Merry Maggie Malpass|
|World(s)||Jolly Roger's Lagoon|
- “Thanks for rescuing me from the bile infested innards of that ferocious sea monster.”
- —Merry Maggie, Banjo-Tooie
Merry Maggie Malpass, presumed to be a toad, is Jolly Roger's partner at his inn. When Banjo and Kazooie first meet Jolly Roger, he tells them that Maggie has gone missing and asks them to find her so that she can help him during the bar's happy hour.
Banjo and Kazooie must track down the Big Fish in the lagoon and knock out its teeth with Grenade Eggs. Once its teeth are gone, they can swim inside, where they find Maggie. She reveals that she was riding one of Captain Blubber's wave racers when the Big Fish knocked her over and swallowed her. When Banjo and Kazooie tell her that she can now leave the fish, Maggie flees back to the inn.
To earn a Jiggy for the rescue, Banjo and Kazooie must return to the inn and collect their prize from Jolly. Maggie can then be found in the inn behind the bar, brushing her hair.
- Merry Maggie: Ah, you must be the rescue party.
Kazooie: Only if the price is right...
Merry Maggie: I'm Merry Maggie, partner of Jolly Roger. I was out on one of Blubber's waveracers, when this fish knocked me off and swallowed me!
Banjo: The fish's mouth is open now, so you don't have stay in here.
Merry Maggie: That's lovely. It'll soon be happy hour at the inn, and Jolly will be needing some relief.
Kazooie: Any chance of a Jiggy?
Merry Maggie: Oh, see Jolly about that. I'm sure he'll give you one.
- Merry Maggie: Thanks for rescuing me from the bile infested innards of that ferocious sea monster.
Banjo: Actually, it was just a very large fish.
Merry Maggie: It seemed like a monster to me...
- Merry Maggie Malpass was likely named after the former Rare employee, Steve Malpass.
- When Banjo and Kazooie are talking to Maggie, Kazooie mentions the game show The Price is Right. But if Banjo goes in alone, he'll say it.
- It is often theorized that Merry Maggie is either a transgender female or drag queen, due to her low tone of speaking voice.
- Merry Maggie Malpass has a cameo in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. Her name appears on a sign, "Merry Maggie's Baggies".