Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
Jolly Roger's Lagoon
- “I come from a golden age where wolves were kings... The name's Sabreman. Adventuring is my game... or, at least, was my game.”
- —Sabreman, Banjo-Tooie
Sabreman is the main protagonist of the Sabreman series, who has made a number of guest appearances in the Banjo-Kazooie series. He is an old British explorer wearing a pith helmet.
In Banjo-Tooie, Sabreman can be found frozen in the icy side of Hailfire Peaks, holding the Wulf Amulet. To melt the ice and rescue him, Banjo and Kazooie must use Mumbo Jumbo's help to first bring him back to life with a Mumbo Pad. This will cause the adventurer to gain consciousness again and claim to have reached there while being chased by the Sabre Wulf in 1984 (a reference to the year where Sabre Wulf, the first entry of the Sabreman series, released) and ending up getting frozen by Chilly Willy. Then, the duo needs to heat him up. This can be done in various ways, such as by firing Fire Eggs, using the Hatch move or using Dragon Kazooie. After that, he asks for Banjo to take him to his tent, where he left all his equipment. This can be done by using the Taxi Pack move. There, he rewards the bear and bird with a Jiggy and starts to sleep.
In Banjo-Pilot, Sabreman can be seen as an obstacle in Jolly Roger's Lagoon.
- "Many thanks, young sir! Why, I've been frozen in there since 1984."
- "It's quite possible. I come from a golden age where wolves were kings... The name's Sabreman. Adventuring is my game... or, at least, was my game."
- "That cursed Sabre Wulf chased me all the way here, where I was frozen in my tracks by the ice dragon... I'm rather cold, could you see your way to warming me up?"
- "That's so much better!"
- "Being frozen for so long has tired me. I need a cup of tea and 40 winks. Could you possibly help me out one more time?"
- "Can you carry me back to my tent? It's over on the fiery side of the mountain... If it hasn't burnt down by now."
- "My tent! My equipment! It's just as I left it all those years ago!"
- "My treasure is still here too! You may have it, kind sir. It's a fine golden jigsaw piece. No use to me — I'm hanging up my boots."
- "Zzz... I wonder what adventures await me...maybe I'll ride a dolphin."
- "Zzz... Bears in their own adventures... Pah!"
- While sleeping in Banjo-Tooie, Sabreman says that, in his next adventure, he might "ride a dolphin." This is theorized to be a reference to the Nintendo GameCube, whose codename was "Dolphin." The Sabreman series did not get an entry in that console, however.