Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
- “Hur...hur...hur! I'm Mr. Vile, greediest croc of all! Play my game to win a prize!”
- —Mr. Vile, Banjo-Kazooie
Mr. Vile is an aggressive, red crocodile who appears in the giant crocodile-shaped hut in Bubblegloop Swamp in Banjo-Kazooie. Mr. Vile is the self-proclaimed "greediest crocodile of them all". If Banjo is in his crocodile form, Mr. Vile challenges him to a three-round contest where they compete to eat more Yumblies and/or Grumblies. Each of the three rounds have different objectives:
- In the first round, Banjo must eat more Yumblies than Mr. Vile.
- In the second round, Banjo must eat more Yumblies while avoiding the Grumblies.
- In the third round, Banjo must eat either Yumblies or Grumblies, depending on the icon at the top of the screen.
Once Banjo has completed all three rounds, he is rewarded a Jiggy. If he loses, Mr. Vile starts chasing after Banjo to try and bite him. If Mr. Vile bites Banjo, he loses two Honeycombs of his health. After Banjo has obtained the Jiggy, Mr. Vile offers him to compete in a second, optional challenge in which Banjo can play three more rounds for three lives. If Banjo loses this challenge, he loses a life.
- Hur...hur...hur! I'm Mr. Vile, greediest croc of all! Play my game to win a prize! Press A to accept or B to chicken out!
- Look, puny green croc is scared!
- Weedy croc loses! Me bite greeny to make him learn!
- Grrr...You only win easy game. Now we play harder game. Eat reds, avoid yellow Grumblies, they not ripe. Ready? 3...2...1...Go!
- Hah! Mr. Vile wins easy! Here I come, greeny!
- Want to try again greeny? Press A to play or B to run.
- Bah! Lucky greeny wins. Must play last game. Only eat what is shown at top of screen. Ready? 3...2...1...Go!"
- Mr. Vile never lost before! Greeny can have prize...
- Mr. Vile now has tougher challenge if greeny not scared! You must win next 3 games to win 3 extra lives, but each time greeny loses, Mr. Vile chomps you for one life! Press A to accept or B to slide off like a slug!
- (If Yes): Hurr...greeny brave, but Mr. Vile soon chew greeny's shorts!
- (If No): Mr. Vile is baddest croc of all! Look everyone, greeny is scurrying off!
- Grrr...greeny won game, but Mr. Vile keep prizes until greeny wins all games!
- Err...greeny won that one as well, but Mr. Vile still keep hold of prize until next game won!
- Mr Vile: Grrr...greeny must have cheated, Mr. Vile not giving you prize!
- Crocodile Banjo: Hey, hand it over before I chomp you!
- Mr. Vile: Hurr...you'll have to catch Mr. Vile first!
- Yowww! Greeny wins, here is prize!
- In Banjo-Tooie, Mr. Vile is an answer to a Tower of Tragedy quiz question, "Which Banjo-Kazooie character wasn't seen in Banjo-Tooie?" The choices are: Mr. Vile, Captain Blubber, and Tiptup.