|Jiggywikki was recently forked from Banjo-Kazooie FANDOM, and is currently under heavy renovation. Take note that most of the articles, images, and categories are currently being reworked for the new wiki.|
|This article/section requires cleanup in order to qualify for Jiggywikki's standards. |
Reason: Wikia import
You can discuss this issue on the talk page or this page to improve it.
|World(s)||Mad Monster Mansion|
- “Motzand plays his organ with ease, but can you follow him on the keys?”
- —Motzand, Banjo-Kazooie
Motzand is a ghostly hand who plays the organ in The Haunted Church in Mad Monster Mansion. When Banjo and Kazooie climb up to the organ's music stand, Motzand will talk to them, always speaking in rhymes similar to Gruntilda. Unlike all the other ghosts in Mad Monster Mansion, however, Motzand is friendly and cannot damage Banjo and Kazooie.
The ghost challenges the duo to repeat the tunes he plays on the organ. Motzand plays two tunes: a short one consisting of only a few notes, and a longer one that is more complicated. If Banjo and Kazooie correctly copy the tunes by hitting the organ keys with the Beak Buster move, Motzand congratulates their musical ability and offers them a Jiggy as a reward. The melancholy organ music playing in the church changes to a happier tune, and Motzand floats upward and disappears. The Jiggy can be found on the tallest pipe on the top of the organ.
If Banjo and Kazooie hit a wrong key, they will lose a Honeycomb so it is best to look carefully what Motzand is doing rather than hitting random notes.
- Motzand's name is a portmanteau of the name of the famous composer Mozart and "hand", as Motzand is just a ghost hand.
- Although Motzand is similar in appearance to the giant hands Grabba and Slappa in Gobi's Valley, Motzand only has four fingers counting the thumb, while the mummified hands each have five digits.
- Motzand's organ ranges from B#3/C3-B#5/C5.
- The score on the music stand displays a short organ-arranged section of the music played in the church.
- Motzand only plays with its index finger.