Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
Cheat codes are a recurring feature in the Banjo-Kazooie series that can be unlocked and entering, allowing for a variety of things to happen.
In Banjo-Kazooie, cheat codes can be entered by using the Beak Buster move on the letters inside Treasure Trove Cove's Sandcastle. Most of them can be learnt from either Bottles in Bottles' Moving Picture Game or Cheato in Gruntilda's Lair, but some are never taught in-game.
List of cheat codes
Learnt from Cheato
- BLUEEGGS - Increases the amount of Blue Eggs that can be held at once from 100 to 200.
- REDFEATHERS - Increases the amount of Red Feathers that can be held at once from 50 to 100.
- GOLDFEATHERS - Increases the amount of Golden Feathers that can be held at once from 10 to 20.
Learnt from Bottles
- BOTTLESBONUSONE - Increases the size of Banjo's head.
- BOTTLESBONUSTWO - Increases the size of Banjo's hands and feet.
- BOTTLESBONUSTHREE - Increases the size of Kazooie's head and wings
- BOTTLESBONUSFOUR - Increases the length of Banjo's torso and decreases the size of his head.
- BOTTLESBONUSFIVE - Increases the size of Banjo's hands and feet, the length of his torso and decreases the size his head.
- BIGBOTTLESBONUS - Increases the size of Banjo's head, hands and feet and Kazooie's head and wings.
Makes Banjo's head, hands, and feet, and Kazooie's head and wings, large.
- WISHYWASHYBANJO - Transforms Banjo into Washing Machine Banjo.
- NOBONUS - Reverts the effects of any of the cheats learnt from Bottles if they are active.
Stop 'n' Swop items
- CHEATNOWYOUCANSEEANICEICEKEYWHICHYOUCANHAVEFORFREE - Allows the Ice Key in Freezeezy Peak to be obtained.
- CHEATOUTOFTHESEAITRISESTOREVEALMORESECRETPRIZES - Causes Sharkfood Island to rise from the waters surrounding Treasure Trove Cove, allowing the Pink Mystery Egg to be obtained.
- CHEATADESERTDOOROPENSWIDEANCIENTSECRETSWAITINSIDE - Allows the Blue Mystery Egg in Gobi's Valley to be obtained.
- CHEATDONTYOUGOANDTELLHERABOUTTHESECRETINHERCELLAR - Allows the Cyan Mystery Egg in Mad Monster Mansion to be obtained.
- CHEATAMIDSTTHEHAUNTEDGLOOMASECRETINTHEBATHROOM - Allows the Green Mystery Egg in Mad Monster Mansion to be obtained.
- CHEATTHISSECRETYOULLBEGRABBININTHECAPTAINSCABIN - Allows the Red Mystery Egg in Rusty Bucket Bay to be obtained.
- CHEATNOWBANJOWILLBEABLETOSEEITONNABNUTSTABLE - Allows the Yellow Mystery Egg in Click Clock Wood to be obtained.
- CHEATBANJOBEGSFORPLENTYOFEGGS - Gives Banjo and Kazooie an infinite supply of Blue Eggs.
- CHEATNOWYOUCANFLYHIGHINTHESKY - Gives Banjo and Kazooie an infinite supply of Red Feathers.
- CHEATAGOLDENGLOWTOPROTECTBANJO - Gives Banjo and Kazooie an infinite supply of Golden Feathers.
- CHEATGIVETHEBEARLOTSOFAIR - Gives Banjo and Kazooie an infinite supply of air bubbles.
- CHEATLOTSOFGOESWITHMANYBANJOS - Gives Banjo and Kazooie an infinite supply of Extra Lives.
- CHEATDONTBEADUMBOGOSEEMUMBO - Gives Banjo and Kazooie 99 Mumbo Tokens
- CHEATANENERGYBARTOGETYOUFAR - Gives Banjo and Kazooie every Extra Honeycomb Piece.
When at least 3 of the following cheat codes are entered, Gruntilda deletes the save file which they were used in. While the effect isn't immediate, leaving and re-entering will cause it to be gone.
- CHEATTHISCOMESINHANDYTOOPENSOMEWHERESANDY - Opens the entrance to Treasure Trove Cove.
- CHEATTHERESNOWHEREDANKERTHANINWITHCLANKER - Opens the entrance to Clanker's Cavern.
- CHEATNOWINTOTHESWAMPYOUCANSTOMP - Opens the entrance to Bubblegloop Swamp.
- CHEATGOBISJIGGYISNOWDONETREKONINANDGETSOMESUN - Opens the entrance to Gobi's Valley.
- CHEATTHEJIGGYSDONESOOFFYOUGOINTOFREEZEEZYPEAKANDITSSNOW - Opens the entrance to Freezeezy Peak.
- CHEATTHEJIGGYSNOWMADEWHOLEINTOTHEMANSIONYOUCANSTROLL - Opens the entrance to Mad Monster Mansion.
- CHEATWHYNOTTAKEATRIPINSIDEGRUNTYSRUSTYSHIP - Opens the entrance to Rusty Bucket Bay.
- CHEATTHISONESGOODASYOUCANENTERTHEWOOD - Opens the entrance to Click Clock Wood.
- CHEATTHESEGORIGHTOTHROUGHNOTEDOORTWO - Opens the 180 Note Door.
- CHEATNOTEDOORTHREEGETINFORFREE - Opens the 260 Note Door.
- CHEATTAKEATOURTHROUGHNOTEDOORFOUR - Opens the 350 Note Door.
- CHEATUSETHISCHEATNOTEDOORFIVEISBEAT - Opens the 450 Note Door.
- CHEATTHISTRICKSUSEDTOOPENNOTEDOORSIX - Opens the 640 Note Door.
- CHEATTHESEVENTHNOTEDOORISNOWNOMORE - Opens the 765 Note Door.
- CHEATYOULLCEASETOGRIPEWHENUPGOESAPIPE - Raises the pipe next to the entrance to Clanker's Cavern.
- CHEATBOTHPIPESARETHERETOCLANKERSLAIR - Raises the two pipes next to the entrance to Clanker's Cavern.
- CHEATUPYOUGOWITHOUTAHITCHUPTOTHEWATERLEVELSWITCH - Raises the water next to the entrance to Rusty Bucket Bay.
- CHEATTHECAUSETROUBLEBUTNOWTHEYRERUBBLE - Destroys every breakable wall.
- CHEATYOUWONTHAVETOWAITNOWTHERESNOCRYPTGATE - Destroys the crypt gate near the entrance to Mad Monster Mansion.
- CHEATDONTDESPAIRTHETREEJIGGYPODIUMISTHERE - Causes Click Clock Wood's Jigsaw Picture's Jiggy Pad without the Jiggy Pad Switch ever being pressed.
- CHEATTHEGRILLEGOESBOOMTOTHESHIPPICTUREROOM - Destroys the grid blocking the Rusty Bucket Bay puzzle room.
- CHEATSHESANUGLYBATSOREMOVEHERGRILLEANDHAT - Removes the grid inside the Gruntilda statue near Bubblegloop Swamp
- CHEATGRUNTYWILLCRYNOWYOUVESMASHEDHEREYE - Destroys the eye of the Gruntilda statue in her lair, where a Jiggy can appear after Mad Monster Mansion's Witch Switch is pressed.
- CHEATTHISSHOULDGETRIDOFTHECRYPTCOFFINLID - Removes the lid of the coffin near the entrance to Gobi's Valley.
- CHEATITSYOURLUCKYDAYASTHEICEBALLMELTSAWAY - Destroys the ice blocking the way to Cheato near Freezeezy Peak's Jigsaw Picture.
- CHEATWEBSSTOPYOURPLAYSOTAKETHEMAWAY - Destroys the spider webs in Gruntilda's Lair.
- CHEATYOULLBEGLADTOSEETHESHOCKJUMPPAD - Causes Banjo and Kazooie to learn how to perform the Shock Spring Jump without having to find Bottles' molehill.
- CHEATYOUWONTBESADNOWYOUCANUSETHEFLYPAD - Causes Banjo and Kazooie to learn how to fly without having to find Bottles' molehill.
In Banjo-Tooie, cheat codes can be entered within the Code Chamber of Mayahem Temple. After a code is entered there, it appears on a list shown on a signpost which allows Banjo and Kazooie to be toggle them on or off. In the game, Cheato tells the duo different cheats as they retrieve his pages. Heggy, the hen in the Isle O' Hags, also tells the duo about one cheat code after the Blue Mystery Egg is hatched, and Gruntilda in Madame Grunty's Tent also has a random chance of giving specific cheat codes when visited. To enter a cheat without first learning it from Cheato, Banjo needs to put "CHEATO" behind them and the codes themselves backwards (for example, the cheat code "FEATHERS" would be entered "CHEATOSREHTAEF"), and when he does so, Jamjars warns him about how saving will be turned off and scores won't be uploaded to the Leaderboards (in the Xbox Live Arcade port).
List of cheat codes
Learnt from Cheato
- FEATHERS - Doubles the amount of Red Feathers Banjo and Kazooie can hold.
- EGGS - Doubles the amount of eggs Banjo and Kazooie can hold.
- FALLPROOF - Removes fall damage.
- HONEYBACK - Causes Banjo and Kazooie's health to quickly regenerate when they are harmed.
- JUKEBOX - Fixes the jukebox at Jolly's.
Learnt from Heggy
- HOMING - Causes all eggs (except for Clockwork Kazooie Eggs) to follow enemies.
Learnt from Madame Grunty
- GETJIGGY - The signposts in Jiggywiggy's Temple now hint at where every single Jiggy in the game is.
- NESTKING - Allows Banjo and Kazooie to hold an unlimited number of eggs and feathers. Instead of saying the actual amount of items the duo has collected, the main menu simply states "LOTS." This code is hinted by a signpost outside [[Jiggywiggy's Temple] which reads "An egg container followed by Jingaling?," and the same warning his given by Jamjars when a code not yet given by Cheato is entered.
- HONEYKING - Gives Banjo and Kazooie unlimited health.
- SUPERBANJO - Increases Banjo and Kazooie's speed.
- SUPERBADDY - Increases the speed of the enemies.
- JIGGYWIGGYSPECIAL - Opens every world.
- JIGGYSCASTLIST - Allows the character parade to be viewed without having collected 90 Jiggies.
- PLAYITAGAINSON - Unlocks every replay, mini-game and cutscene.