Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
Clinker is an loudspeaker located at Grunty Industries in Banjo-Tooie. It detects Banjo or Kazooie as intruders and speaks if they approach a certain area or perform a certain action. Clinker is also the announcer for the Twinkly Packing Challenge and Clinker's Cavern. It is unknown if Clinker's Cavern is named after it or the Clinker enemies within.
Clinker is never shown directly, although it has an associated speech icon of a pair of two gray loudspeakers.
- "Alert! Intruders detected! Activate the Tintops...
- "Access Denied! Door has insufficient power to open. Battery required!
- "Access Denied! The service elevator can only be used by mechanical personnel only."
- "Additional battery power channeled to door. Access is now granted."
- "Intruder in the trash compactor! Cleanup droids report to Floor 1."
- "Mechanical personnel may not use the warp pads. Use the service elevator instead!"
- "Attention! The Clinkers are invading the system and are blocking the vents. Neutralize them all before the air becomes toxic."
- "Sensors indicate that the toxic levels are now unacceptable! All personnel make their way to the exit!"
- "Sensors indicate Clinker threat has been neutralized. A cleanup bonus will be awarded..."
- "Extractor fan not required."
- "Toxic gas alert! All personnel evacuate and activate extractor fans!"
- "Initiate detoxifying sequence...10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...It is now safe to re-enter."
- "Access Granted. You may enter."
- "Access Denied! Door can be accessed by mechanical personnel only."
- "Belt crusher malfunction! Initialize auto-fixing program. Crusher will be reactivated in 45 seconds."
- "The wall crusher has now been switched off."
- "Magnet malfunction! Auto-fixing program initiated. Magnet will be reactivated in 90 seconds."
- "Intruder alert! Backup required to defend Grunty's treasure!"
- "Ulp..Intruder has defeated the tintops. Grunty's treasure has been lost..."