Be sure to read our policy on citing sources before editing!
|Game(s)||Dream: Land of Giants (cancelled)|
Edson was the main protagonist of the cancelled Dream: Land of Giants, a game which would eventually become Banjo-Kazooie. He was a young adventurer who departed from his village to go on an adventure and fight against Captain Blackeye.
Dream: Land of Giants
Edson was originally the main character of Dream: Land of Giants, a cancelled RPG at first planned to release on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System and later on the Nintendo 64. In the game, he had a girlfriend named Madeleine and, along the adventure, encountered a dog called Dinger who helped him. During development, after Edson started "losing his edge," he was replaced by an unnamed rabbit and later by Banjo, who would become the protagonist of the final product alongside Kazooie.
- Edson's name was misspelled Edison in the subtitles around the start of the "Dreaming of Banjo" video on Rare Replay.
- ↑ Rare Revealed: A Rare Look at Dream on YouTube
- ↑ Rare Ltd. on Twitter: "Not sure if that's news, but the boy hero of Project Dream (pre-Banjo) was called Edson, not Edison. #bombshell #probablynotabombshell" / Twitter (archive.org)
- ↑ Ed Bryan on Twitter: "@Lego_Link @WinkySteve Edson" / Twitter (archive.org)
- ↑ Steve Mayles on Twitter: "From 20 years ago, some Project Dream Edson expression tests. Look at that hairstyle!" / Twitter (archive.org)
- ↑ Rare Ltd. on Twitter: "Some early Banjo concept art we dug up - judging by the gear, just taking over from Dream's hero Edson!" / Twitter (archive.org)
- ↑ Gregg Mayles on Twitter: "That's the village Edson lived in. Struggling to remember it's name. Do remember the mine was called Glitter Gulch Mine." / Twitter (archive.org)
- ↑ Rare Replay - The Making of Banjo Kazooie on YouTube